Email Publisher

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM
I'm a new user of Wolfpack and have managed to use this frame work to compose my own healthcheck component and get it wired in. I've also used the the contrib project's email component, which is also very nice and working very well. What I don't know how to do yet, is now to configure the email component to only send out failed healthchecks, like you can with the growl component.

Can someone give me a hint on how to do this? With growl, you manage the settings through the finaliser configuration, but I don't see how I can do this with the email component. I admit that I'm still learning and it may be quite obvious, but as of now I just don't see it.

Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks

Fredericko
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Hi Fredericko,

Welcome to Wolfpack!

The mechanism for tuning a publishers behaviour is similar the Growl finalisers (and built on the same technology - interception)...is Result Publisher Filters.

This allows you to insert a "test" into the notification pipeline and a publisher filter is attached in front of the publisher(s). It may be attached to all or a specific publisher and for all or a single health check source and you can have as many of them active against a publisher at a time.

There is a pre-built filter called a "SuccessFilter" (instructions for use on the link above) that should do what you want, lemme know if you hit any problems or have a suggestion for Wolfpack.

Cheers,

James